High-performance of TL SATA JBOD
The TL SATA JBOD supports multi-lane SATA 6Gb/s transfer, and each SATA lane directly connects to a single SATA drive to help improve performance. With the 1-1 high-speed channel, the TL SATA JBOD delivers excellent transfer performance.
Note: The SFF ports and drive slots order: SFF port 1 to HDD slot 1-4, SFF port 2 to HDD slot 5-8, SFF port 3 to HDD slot 9-12, SFF port 4 to SDD slot 1-4 (TL-D1600S)
What you need to know
You can connect your TL-R1200S-RP to Windows® and Ubuntu® computers and servers through the SFF-8088 (or SFF-8644) high-speed cable and use built-in utility to manage the RAID configuration.
1. QXP series PCIe cards do not support Mac Pro.
2. If there are any unexpected boot failures during QXP PCIe cards installation on the host, please check with the host manufacturing company for any new BIOS updates. Alternatively, you can try disabling the boot from the PCIe slot function or disable the external graphics card option.
3. Linux with Kernel 3.10 ~ 5.0 (Driver required). QXP-1600eS officially supports Ubuntu 18.04.03 (Kernel 5.0).
Flexibly Expand Connectivity with QXP PCIe Cards
Install an exclusive QXP PCIe card onto your QNAP NAS, Windows® or Ubuntu® PC and servers to connect the JBOD enclosure via SFF-8088 (or SFF-8644) cable, for easy and flexible storage expansion.
1. The TL-R1200S-RP package includes one QXP-1600eS card (can be purchased additionally) and four 1M SFF-8088 to SFF-8644 cables.
2. A SATA JBOD storage enclosure can only connect to one NAS. Users can only use QNAP JBOD Manager to view statuses of devices and disks installed with QNAP expansion cards and JBODs. Users can only create single storage expansions when the QXP PCIe card is not connected to a TL SATA JBOD enclosure.
3. TL SATA JBOD storage enclosure can install different QXP PCIe cards. For example, one NAS can be matched with multiple QXP PCIe cards to connect to TL SATA JBOD storage enclosure or users can use one QXP-800eS to expand two TL-D400S (there are no quantity limits except for restrictions mentioned in the previous note).
4. The TL SATA JBOD and QXP SATA expansion card support at most 1 meter (3.28 feet) long cable.
5. The QXP-1600eS PCIe SATA expansion card included with the TL-D1600S and TL-R1200S-RP JBOD is incompatible with 1U 4-bay NAS with PCIe slots and the following desktop models. For more information, and to view a full list of compatible NAS models, visit the Storage Expansion Compatibility and Compatibility List.
• x82S: TVS-882ST3, TVS-882ST2
• x71: TVS-871T, TVS-871, TVS-671, TVS-471
• x70: TS-870 Pro, TS-670 Pro, TS-470 Pro, TVS-870, TVS-670, TVS-470, TS-870, TS-670, TS-470
• x63: TVS-863+, TVS-863, TVS-663, TVS-463, TS-563
• x31P/x31X: TS-831X, TS-531X, TS-531P
• x32X: TS-832X
6. Users of the TVS-871U-RP, TVS-1271U-RP, and x80 series NAS must update their BIOS to the minimum BIOS version. If not, unexpected boot failures might occur.
Learn More:QXP PCIe Cards
Versatile usage scenarios to meet storage expansion needs
The TL-R1200S-RP meets many storage expansion requirements for the home and office. Below is a list of potential application scenarios:
Scenario 4: Third-party hardware RAID card for advanced protection
You can install third-party hardware RAID cards on your TL-R1200S-RP for advanced hardware RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, RAID 50, and RAID 60 protection and use Windows® utility software to manage your TL-R1200S-RP.
Note: The third-party hardware RAID card cannot be used simultaneously with QNAP JBOD manager and QXP series PCIe cards.
TL-R1200S-RP Offers Better Performance Than Other USB and eSATA JBOD Solutions
The TL-R1200S-RP features SFF-8088 (or SFF-8644) connectivity and multiple SATA 6Gb/s bays. This provides better sequential read performance and faster data transfer speeds than existing USB and eSATA expansion enclosures, while also being a more economical option compared to a QNAP REXP SAS enclosure.
Windows RAID 0
Tested in QNAP Labs. Figures may vary by environment.
JBOD model: TL-R1200S-RP
Volume type: Samsung SSD 860 Pro 512GB
NAS: TS-983XU, Intel Xeon E-2124 3.3GHz, 4GB RAM, QNAP QXP-400eS, QTS 4.4.2
Windows: Intel Core i5-8400T 1.7GHz, 16GB RAM, QNAP QXP-400eS, Windows 10 Pro
Ubuntu: Intel Core i5-8400T 1.7GHz, 16GB RAM, QNAP QXP-400eS, Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop