Install a graphics card for GPU-accelerated computing
Graphics cards are optimized for graphical calculations and transformations, but require significantly more power than other hardware. The TS-977XU-RP provides a 300 watt power supply and a PCIe slot that supports low-profile AMD Radeon™ or NVIDIA® GeForce® graphics cards that do not require additional power. Installing a graphics card can boost performance of applications such as video editing, 4K video transcoding, imaging processing in QTS and the performance of virtual machines via GPU passthrough.
1. Supported video formats depend on the hardware and software specifications of the devices. Playback capability and quality may vary due to factors including the original file formats/quality, hardware and software limitations, and output devices.
2. GPU support for QTS only applies to NVIDIA graphics cards. GPU Passthrough for virtual machines is supported by AMD and NVIDIA graphics cards.
3. When Virtualization Station uses graphics cards, the NAS will temporarily stop hardware transcoding acceleration for QTS (and vice versa).
4. The TS-977XU-RP supports graphics cards with dimensions (L × W × H) up to 257 x 19 x 68.9 mm.
5. Consult the Compatibility List for information on supported NAS and graphics cards.