· 10 TB drives1 deliver up to 25% more petabytes per rack2
· Advanced Write Caching feature for 20% boost in random write performance over last-generation HDDs
· Reduced TCO thanks to reduced power and cooling costs and lower weight
· Integrates easily in hyperscale and high-density data centre applications with both SATA and SAS interfaces
· 24×7 data availability backed by a 2.5M-hour MTBF and 5-year limited warranty
· Robust wide-weld sealed drive design and field-proven technology for long-term reliability
· Protect data where it lives - on the drive - with Seagate Secure®Self-Encrypted Drive technology
1. Seagate recommends validating your configuration with your HBA/RAID controller manufacturer to help ensure full capacity capabilities.
2. Compared to 8 TB drives in a 42U rack.
The Seagate® 10 TB Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD (Helium) is engineered to lower the total cost of ownership in today's large-scale data centres. You can build maximum-density storage solutions that scale to meet your future capacity needs - while slashing your TCO.
The Seagate 10 TB Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD (Helium) lets you turbocharge data transfers with dependably fast read/write performance. Meet your workload requirements while minimising your data centre footprint. Manage increasing volumes of data in cloud data centres much faster thanks to advanced write caching algorithms.
Better random write performance (over last-gen 8 TB competitive HDDs)
With a 5-year limited warranty and the lowest power consumption in its class, the Seagate 10 TB Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD (Helium) helps you shrink power and cooling costs. Dramatically reduce IOPS/watt while improving rack density thanks to lowest-in-class drive weight.
Lighter per drive (2% less weight in a 9 PB 42U rack)
MTBF = Mean time between failures)
Workload rate limit (10× that of desktop drives)
A host of engineering innovations ensures a better hermetically sealed - and so much more dependable - drive. Premium materials, including a wrought-aluminium base, gas-impermeable enclosure, and wide-weld sealed drive design ensure maximum reliability. Humidity sensor and corrosion protection offer increased resistance to harsh environments. For industry-best data security, these drives even offer Secure Download & Diagnostics (SD&D), Seagate Secure Self-Encrypted Drive (SED) and FIPS support.
Seagate was again selected by IT professionals as the 2016 Market Leader for Enterprise HDDs. Get the full report to see the survey data behind the voting for Market, Performance, Reliability, Price, Service & Support, and Innovation Leaders.